Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's been so long

It's been so long since I have been able to get online...Nov 5th 08 was the last time I was able to write...The only other computer we had was a laptop and well guess what? LOL if it weren't for bad luck, well it would be slim pickins around here...lol I am only kidding of course, but it sure seems like that's how it works around here, anyways, the laptop fell off the table and ended upside down under the recliner, since we have no carpet it slid, so when Danny leaned forwards to see what fell, he crushed the screen...Needless to say, we have been computer free all this time, except for the computer in Dans office at the church building, an let me tell you the withdrawl is awful, even for a self thought of mountain woman as myself...who thinks she can do without most of lifes conviencies like, electricity, running water, etc...lol well I can assure you doing without the computer was by far, worse than ever having to light lanterns or haul water up from the pond, both of which I have done many times...lol

But since then we spent alot of time indoors as it seems to get harder to go outside in the cold as you get older, or maybe I am just becoming more sensitive to it as I get older...

Since Feb though we have managed with the help of a cousin (and his tractor) to get 2 half acre gardens plowed, they look huge to see our children out there running, playing and pullin weeds, but to get in there myself and try to figure out what veggies are going where, all that room seems to go away quickly, then the panic of I am not gonna have enough room for all these veggies takes over until my ever so sweet husband assures me there will be plenty of room with Both gardens. We have big plans this year concerning getting most of our food canned and getting our root cellar finished.

The mobile home that sets on our property is now empty as the renter we had bought a home in town, so we will be using that as our base of operations for the majority of canning, freezing and sewing and all the storage that goes along with it...I LOVE that idea and am pretty excited...

My sister/cousin and her daughter who also now live on our property will be moving her sewing machine down there as well and we will both be able to free up lots of room in our homes...Since my home is less than 1000 sq foot, I am REALLY excited about it...LOL

The reason we decided to not rerent the other mobile home on our property is we decided that with the all bills paid method my late father in law was using was bringing in maybe 100 extra dollars a month, and def. NOT worth the hassle of a renter, especially since all but 1 of the last 5 renters we had were for a lack of a better word, awful lol...so we decided we would save more by turning the trailer into a storage/work area, because the money we will be saving and not having to fork over to walmart will be fabulous and well worth the effort.

No comments: