Friday, March 20, 2009

Wow Finally a Productive Day!

With all the sickness going on with the kids as of late things have really been put on the backburner...But hopefully things are coming around and falling back into place...YAY!!!

Well yesterday started out as a cold, wet and miserable day, so I was really dreading the thought of trying to get down to the garden and work...But as it turns out (as usual) it was a blessing in disguise...I had forgotten to soak my onions and other seeds before I took them to the garden (out of excitement at getting them planted..LOL) so as they sat in the kids little red wagon, during the morning they got what seems to be the perfect little drink of water and were in perfect condition to be planted when I got to the garden yesterday afternoon...Thankfully it had stopped raining by then and the garden wasn't a wet muddy pit, that I guess I had in my mind it was going to be. It was almost unreal how perfect everything seemed...

Soon after I got to the garden (the kids stayed up at the house with dad) my sister/cousin Amy arrived home from work and was Ready to go...lol she didn't even change out of her scrubs from work...lol it was a wonderful sight and quite funny to see her barefoot and her pants legs rolled up to her knees in this wet and cold Oklahoma dirt...But we must have gotten a much needed and appreciated burst of energy from all the laughter as we got 200 onions planted, the lettuce, collard greens, radishes and spinich all planted...Our rows are long as it's a very good sized garden, so after almost 4 hours of bending over and squatting...we are both pretty sore, more so yesterday than today...I went to bed with a wonderful back ache, that woke me in the night a couple of times. But it all seems so worth it...all the aches and pains seem to be worthwhile, I can't really explain it, but it's a Good hurt if that makes sense...Something I wanna celebrate rather than complain about...

Well until the next time, Lots of Peace and Love
Tonye
P.S. I really need to figure out how to put some pics up on here in these blogs...So if someone could help me out with that I would really be grateful :)

No comments: