Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wisdom of a 3 yr old

I am shocked and amazed sometimes at the things my children come up with, and being a child once myself, you would think that nothing would shock me, But today was one of those days that left me with my mouth gapping open and my chin quivering.

My 3 yr old who is now suffering with Whooping cough passed on to her by her 11 yr old brother hasn't been feeling well for the last few days, but was especially yucky feeling today, came and climbed up into my lap and was loving on me, now if you know my 3 yr old, she is not a very affectionate child, she is happy to give a drive kiss occasionally and will do it if repeatedly asked, but otherwise is content to not be overly affectionate, anyways back to the story.

She came into the kitchen where I was doing some work and asked me to pick her up, well she grabbed me around the neck and squeezed me really tight and kissed me...then said Momma, lets Pray, I said Okay baby and we bowed our heads, but before I could get a word out, she looks at me and says "Jesus, we talk to Him and and He holds us, Amen".
I was floored, my eyes filled with tears and I couldn't do anything but stare into her beautiful, wise, little green eyes with wonder and amazement and tell her how much I loved her and what a beautiful job she did Praying. But wondering how someone so little could hold so much more knowledge than myself, and then I began to think. How is it that adults can be so blind to something so wonderful, free and good, and yet a wee little 3 yr old can see God's Love for us.

Me being a worrier, and I do mean a complete professional at it. I have a tendency to ignore the fact that it solves NOTHING to sit and worry, it only creates a stomach full of ulcers and a head full of gray hair, both of which I have an abundance of, lol.

Isaiah 11:6
'The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat. The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a child shall lead them.

Love and Peace,
Tonye

1 comment:

Agape1229 said...

Tonye, that is sooooo sweet. Kids definitely have God figured out more than grown ups.